The Books Between Kids warehouse welcomes individual volunteers ages 8 and older. Volunteers ages 8 -13 need to volunteer with a parent. (1 parent volunteer for every 2 volunteers). High school volunteers are able to volunteer independently but will need parent to sigh them in at the warehouse.
At your volunteer shift, there are various opportunities to participate:
- Counting book donations
- Reviewing condition of donated books
- Sorting books into categories
- Boxing books for school and community partner distribution
Volunteer safety is our top priority. We have several tables/stations spread throughout the warehouse to ensure the recommended social distancing protocols for volunteers and all volunteers are encouraged to wear a mask.
After you click the 'Register' button, you will be prompted to login into/create an account with GivePulse and follow a series of short actions in order to complete your registration. All volunteers, including minor children, need to be individually registered.
We look forward to seeing you at the warehouse and please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions.
VIEW ADDITIONAL DETAILS (such as directions to warehouse and what to expect on volunteer shift)
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.